I got asked if I'd be interested in playing on a women's rugby team. HA! My initial response was, "No way in, hell, but thank you."
The New Year entered in with a lot of power. Did you feel it? We're in the "off season" as some would call it, as far as training for races go. I like to think of it as "refocus time." What is that I want? What do I want to accomplish? What things should I be doing to add more joy and happiness to my life?
Do you ask yourself these questions?
I don't believe in New Year's Resolutions, because I believe it's important to enter into the year loving yourself no matter where you are at and what you did the year before. If you start your new year with love, then you have an awesome foundation to build on.
My "refocus time" is bringing lots of cool things to my attention. I learned that I want to try new things. I want to have new experiences. Whether that be trying new recipes, new workout exercises, new work experiences, I'm ready to try it all. It also will help me and has helped me (so far) embrace those new things that I would normally call "bad," "negative" or "unwanted." If it's new, then I will learn something from it. For example, I witnessed a car accident while on a run with a friend. The situation was not something I would ask to experience, but it happened for the first time for me. My list is long from what I learned...1) I need to be more attentive when I drive. Things happen quickly and my family and I deserve my 100% attention when I'm behind the wheel. 2) I know I can help others out in emergency situations. 3) I'm so grateful for my health and where I am at and who is in my life. Just to name a few :)
About that rugby...
I laughed at the rugby idea, but now I am reconsidering. Why? Because it's something NEW! I can say I tried it. I provided myself with a new experience. Who knows what this could do for me?
I am working on my personal trainer certificate, so I am training some more, and it's so much fun.
During your "refocus time" what are you learning about yourself?
Whatever it is, it is beautiful! Wishing you much love to build on this new year.
Sarah (aka Mom of Four Trains Some More)
No comments:
Post a Comment