Tuesday, July 12, 2011

Share the Fat

Another post so soon? I know.
I shared the new blog with my husband, and he thinks I need to share a picture of where I was before this journey started for me. At first, I was a little hurt, because I just wanted him to look at it but not make comments. He explained his perspective (one filled with love and pride for me), and it hit home for me. I have come a long way. He's right. Yes, I said it. He is right. Here it goes...*Gulp*
Here I am at my heaviest, and I stayed here for a long time. That scale teetered dangerously close to my heaviest weight when I was pregnant at nine months. I look at this picture, and I tear up a little. Not necessarily so much of the weight, but the look on my face here reminds me of how miserable I was. Mentally and physically, I was struggling. This was 2008. My journey is still continuing and my adventures are overflowing, but it's good to remember where I started. We all start somewhere. I am so grateful that I can scroll down and see a better me. The "three year mind, body, and soul makeover" was worth every ounce of sweat, frustration, fear, sadness, and exhaustion. Why? Because, I get to enjoy the game now! I find joy in moments that used to make me so angry; I can laugh at situations and not take life so seriously; I can love my husband and children unconditionally; I can feel peace and I can always create more greatness for myself. The weight comes off much easier when the inside is where it was always meant to be.

The old feelings have, do and will continue to surface, but that's for another time. Still getting my history out there!

The difference makes me smile! This is me, and that smile is real (I even have a screaming baby on my hip, but it was still joyful).  Find your joy today in everything you see and do.

On a side-note, I biked 17 something miles today, and my legs felt like tree trunks. Pretty sure I know how that three mile run after is going to feel. Didn't attempt the run today. I'll just save it for race day...lol ;-) Bring on the 16th!

Happiness!
Sarah

No comments:

Post a Comment